My Photo
Name:
Location: Kernersville, North Carolina, United States

Friday, June 01, 2007

WSS 3.0 minor snag on SBS

Today I decided to have a go at installing WSS 3.0 as I need to roll it out to a client site this weekend. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D51730B5-48FC-4CA2-B454-8DC2CAF93951&displaylang=en if you want a copy.

I am following the great paper the SBS Team supplied describing the side by side install process required for SBS which you can get at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928095

I went along with the directions and it installed just fine, but after the install it tries to run the configuration wizard and gets stuck on step 2 setting up the configuration database. Thinking maybe I hadn't had enough coffee yet and missed a step, I uninstalled it and tried again, some thing same spot.

Having learned from the SBS Diva herself (thanks Susan) I dumped the error message into google and found a thread in the MS public newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs&tid=1ecd5642-5f93-402e-b84e-1885d2170cbd&m=1&p=1 with the exact same problem and a response from a css guy (thankx Terence Liu) saying call in for a hotfix KB934790

Well after appling that hotfix the configuration wizard completed just fine.

If you need a hot fix in the US call 1-800-936-3500 if you are ouside the US you can get the correct number to call from http://support.microsoft.com/

Remember when calling in, click your heals 3 times and repeat "There is no place like my SBS Community"

Gotta go play with my cool new SharePoint site now, c ya later,

4 Comments:

Blogger HandyAndy SBS-MVP said...

Well I wonder why this didn't show up in my google search? http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/05/22/trouble-installing-sharepoint-3-0-after-wsus-3-0.aspx

10:44 AM  
Blogger xuemei said...

I like play online game, I also buy dofus kamas and kamas, the cheap kamas is very cheap, and use the dofus gold can buy many things, I like dofus kamas, thanks, it is very good.
I like play online game, I also buy isk and eve isk, the eve online isk is very cheap, and use the cheap eve isk can buy many things, I like buy eve online isk>, thanks, it is very good.

7:34 PM  
Blogger xuemei said...

aion china, aion china gold,
aion cn goldaion chinese gold,
aion gold chinaaion gold chinese,
china aion goldchinese aion gold,
aion china kinaaion chinese kina,
aion kina chinachina aion kina,
aion china buybuy aion china,
aion chinese server goldaion cn server gold,
aion china server goldchina aion server gold,
chinese aion server goldaion chinese server gold,
aion cn server kinaaion china server kina,
china aion server kinachinese aion server kina

2:09 AM  
Blogger xuemei said...

I like play online game, I also buy Aion gold and Aion gold, the Aion china gold is very cheap, and use the Aion China kina can buy many things, I like Aion chinese gold, thanks, it is very good.

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home